When you’re making key decisions about your business, your assets, or your future direction – we will act as your trusted legal adviser.
We are a full service, national law firm with a team of 95+ lawyers and support staff across offices in Christchurch and Auckland, New Zealand.
We provide advice to companies, private individuals and rural clients – as well as local authorities, and overseas investors. The firm has a global outlook and services clients from all over the world.
Our firm mantra is Listen, Lead and Grow
. We are committed to listening
to our clients, leading
in our legal work to help clients achieve their goals, and growing
our client relationships. To read more about our mantra and values please click here
We are recognised and recommended by the 2017 Asia Pacific Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners directories.
We are an active member of the State Capital Group (SCG Legal), a global network of over 145 independent law firms. Through this network we are able to link our clients with top law firms in over 80 countries around the world. SCG Legal connects companies to:
- Expert knowledge of local, state, national and international regulatory agencies
- Sophisticated transactional experience for public and private M&A transactions, public and private financing and corporate and securities law matters
- Time-tested complex litigation experience, including class actions, derivative actions and investors’ rights, environmental litigation and intellectual property litigation
- “On-the-ground” representation in multijurisdictional litigation, providing knowledge of current local conditions and practices
- Experienced ADR mediators, arbitrators and advocates, with specialized knowledge in a variety of industries
We are also an active member of LawLink
. Lawlink is a network of 17 law firms from around New Zealand who share ideas, resources and business processes. By harnessing and enhancing best practices from around the Lawlink network, each firm is able to effectively support its people to be better lawyers and to deliver a great client experience - every time!
Recent Awards and Recognition
- NZ Law Awards:
- Legal Personnel Employer of Choice (51-100 Lawyers) – the firm has demonstrated a wide range of initiatives to benefit employees, such as the establishment of a Staff Board with a budget for implementing staff-driven initiatives through to a Pro Bono Policy and the establishment of an internal diversity taskforce.
- Crowe Horwath Managing Partner of the Year – Jared Ormsby, National Managing Partner has been recognised for his ongoing commitment and contributions to the firm, maintaining Wynn Williams’ success in the New Zealand market.
- Artemis Executive Recruitment Young Private Practice Lawyer of the Year (35 or under) – Jeremy Johnson. Wynn Williams congratulates Partner Jeremy Johnson on winning this award.
- Legal Directories:
- Asia Pacific Legal 500:
- Asia Pacific Chambers & Partners: