Wynn Williams will provide you with the highest standards of client care. This is what you can expect from us.
The following information is provided in accordance with the Lawyers and Conveyancers Act (Lawyers Conduct and Client Care) Rules 2008:
- Client care & service. Whatever legal services your lawyer is providing, they must follow certain standards of professional behavior. For more information on this, please click here.
- Our fees. The basis on which fees will be charged is set out in our Client Engagement Agreement with you. This also covers when fees are to be paid. We calculate our fees in accordance with the Law Society’s requirements for calculating a reasonable fee. For more information on this, please click here.
- Our professional indemnity insurance. Wynn Williams holds professional indemnity insurance that exceeds the minimum standards specified by the NZ Law Society. We’ll provide you with details on request.
- Lawyers Fidelity Fund. The Law Society maintains the Lawyers Fidelity fund for the purpose of providing clients of lawyers with protection against pecuniary loss arising from theft by lawyers. The maximum amount payable by the Fidelity Fund by way of compensation to an individual claimant is limited to $100,000. Except in certain circumstances specified in the Lawyers and Conveyancers Act 2006, the Fidelity Fund does not cover a client for any loss relating to money that a lawyer is instructed to invest on behalf of the client.
- Persons responsible for the work. We’ll keep you informed of the person or people who have overall responsibility for the services we provide for you. Their names and positions will be set out in our Letter of Engagement, and we’ll advise you if they change from time to time. (If we have not advised you in writing, then that person will be the person you’ve instructed to do the work).
- Any limits on the extent of our obligations or liability. Our services to you will not include: investment or financial advice; tax advice; or any other exclusion recorded in our Letter of Engagement.
You can view our current Terms of Engagement here. For previous editions, please click here.
How we will resolve complaints
Wynn Williams is committed to providing services of the highest professional standards. If you have a concern about the work we do for you, we have a Complaints Policy that is aimed at resolving it promptly.
We invite you to approach us in the first instance, to talk through any concerns. You can also find out more about making a complaint from the NZ Law Society, on www.lawsociety.org.nz or 0800 261 801.