Businesses that operate in consumer markets face a unique set of challenges in getting their goods and services to market. Challenges include:
- Complying with consumer protection and privacy laws
- Navigating competition issues
- Regulatory compliance and complaints issues, including making or responding to Advertising Standards Authority complaints
- Avoiding and resolving disputes
- Protecting valuable intellectual property
If businesses also operate an eCommerce platform, issues around cyber security and data protection are becoming increasingly important.
Our Consumer Markets and Franchising team provides advice on all areas of consumer law and franchising. We have wide-ranging industry experience across a multitude of sectors, including retail, hospitality, grocery, travel, fashion, appearance medicine, real estate and consumer finance services.
We represent a number of leading New Zealand franchisors, dealers, wholesalers and retailers, and have assisted a number of international brands to launch in New Zealand. We are experienced in identifying the right legal structures and growth strategies for our clients, including roll up acquisitions, joint ventures, master franchises, or other forms of licence arrangements with locally based companies.