Our corporate advisory team advises a broad range of clients, banks, financial institutions, boards and individual directors on their corporate governance-related matters which affect them on an ongoing basis.
We advise on all aspects of their ongoing corporate affairs including company law, corporate governance, dispute with or between shareholders, directors’ duties and compliance.
Our corporate advisory services are also highly valued by investors in companies. Investors rely on us to advise on their interaction with portfolio companies and in ensuring that the right standards of legal and regulatory compliance are being met by those companies.
We are recommended as a Leading Firm for Corporate, and Mergers & Acquisitions by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 and Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020. One client describes the team as getting " the balance just right between their approach when dealing with other advisors, applying pragmatism during the dealmaking process and being responsive and knowledgeable."
- Advising global broadcasting and production business NEP Group on its acquisition of Sky Network Television’s outside broadcasting assets.
- Advising Milford Private Equity on its Series B investment in Cluey Learning, an Australian based online tutoring platform for school students.
- Advising Milford Private Equity on its investment into the 45 South Group, one of New Zealand’s largest vertically integrated cherry businesses.
- Advising certain directors and employees in NZX listed Serko on their secondary offering.
- Advising the owner-managers of a honey manufacturing business in relation to the divestment of a majority stake to an overseas private equity fund.
- Advising Castlerock Partners on its investment in a joint venture acquiring the assets of the Hell Pizza business.
- Advising a significant New Zealand based private equity fund on a bid for a $200m healthcare asset portfolio.
- Advising a significant New Zealand based private equity fund on a bid for a $25m waste management business.
- Advising Hotline LP, a private equity and venture capital fund affiliated with Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors on its Series A investment in Virsae Group Limited.
- Advising a NZX listed client to ensure their consumer contracts comply with the CCCFA.
- Acting for the New Zealand Warriors on the sale of the club to an investment consortium made up of the Carlaw Heritage Trust and Autex Industries as part of a competitive bid process.
- Assisting a number of large US-based companies to establish their businesses in New Zealand.
- Preparing and advising on supply and distribution agreements for several manufacturers and exporters.
- Advising clients on corporate structuring matters including preparing shareholder agreements and company constitutions.
- Advising Nederlandse Tapijten Holding B.V., an entity associated with the Belgotex global flooring business, on its acquisition of Irvine International Floors.