Our corporate advisory team advises a broad range of clients, banks, financial institutions, boards and individual directors on their corporate governance-related matters which affect them on an ongoing basis.
We advise on all aspects of their ongoing corporate affairs including company law, corporate governance, dispute with or between shareholders, directors’ duties and compliance.
Our corporate advisory services are also highly valued by investors in companies. Investors rely on us to advise on their interaction with portfolio companies and in ensuring that the right standards of legal and regulatory compliance are being met by those companies.
We are recommended as a Leading Firm for Corporate, and Mergers & Acquisitions by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 and Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020. One client describes the team as getting " the balance just right between their approach when dealing with other advisors, applying pragmatism during the dealmaking process and being responsive and knowledgeable."
- Advising global broadcasting and production business NEP Group on its acquisition of Sky Network Television’s outside broadcasting assets.
- Advising a NZX listed client to ensure their consumer contracts comply with the CCCFA.
- Acting for the New Zealand Warriors on the sale of the club to an investment consortium made up of the Carlaw Heritage Trust and Autex Industries as part of a competitive bid process.
- Assisting a number of large US-based companies to establish their businesses in New Zealand.
- Preparing and advising on supply and distribution agreements for several manufacturers and exporters.
- Advising clients on corporate structuring matters including preparing shareholder agreements and company constitutions.
- Advised the managers on all aspects (corporate, finance, employment and property) of their management buy-out of Auldhouse, a division of Telecom/Gen-I, by way of asset purchase.
- Acted for Downer Australia and Downer New Zealand on its sale of Spiire New Zealand Limited to Brown Consulting (Aust) Pty Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of ASX listed Calibre Group Limited).
- Acts for ANZ New Zealand National Bank Limited in relation to financing transactions and recovery matters.
- Provides ongoing advice to Downer Australia and New Zealand in relation to its group financing arrangements, including its public debt and listed shares.
- Acts for De Lage Landen (Rabobank's equipment financing division) in relation to New Zealand financing and enforcement matters.
- Advised the managers on all aspects (corporate, finance, employment and property) of their management buy-out of Auldhouse, a division of Telecom/Gen-I.
- Acted for Pacific Recycling Group in respect to its purchase of the business of CMA Recycling Limited (out of administration).
- Acted for the purchaser of the largest sheep and beef farming operation in the Waikato Region.
- Acted for Newmark Capital Australia in relation to the offering of its wholesale property fund to New Zealand investors.