We advise industry and local government, including NZ’s largest Regional Council, on matters pertaining to the allocation of water, the processing of applications for resource consents, and the interpretation of consent conditions.
We regularly advise on:
- the allocation of water under the Resource Management Act 1991, including flow regimes promulgated under regional plans
- issues relating to water quality
- prosecutions and defence of activities relating to water, and breaches of the RMA
- the transfer of water permits from site to site
- obtaining a reliable supply of water for economic (farming) use
- assessing existing consents when advising on farm transactions