Alyssa is an associate in the firm’s national Resource Management and Environmental Law Team. She has degrees in law and science, majoring in geology, from the University of Canterbury.
Alyssa joined the team in August 2017 after previously working in a general practice firm dealing primarily with property and commercial matters. She has experience in district and regional resource management matters, including planning, resource consents, enforcement, and resource management related due diligence on commercial and residential properties.
- Advising on Emissions Trading Scheme obligations for forestry operations.
- Carrying out environmental due diligence in respect of residential and commercial properties throughout New Zealand.
- Part of the legal team providing advice in relation to regional planning documents managing natural resources in both Canterbury and Southland.
- Advising on local authority obligations and the application of the National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management 2014.
- Advising on the requirements relating to signage/billboards in the Christchurch District Plan.
- Part of the legal team advising Environment Southland on the development and implementation of the proposed Southland Water and Land Plan.
- Canterbury Women's Legal Association
- Young Resource Management Legal Association
- Resource Management Law Association
- Property Council of New Zealand