Danita is an Associate in the national Corporate and Commercial Team, based in Christchurch.
She enjoys working closely with clients to help them solve problems and realise opportunities through pragmatic and sound advice. Her strong work ethic, curious and critical mind, and her ever developing commercial acumen make her a valuable member of the team.
Danita advises clients on a broad variety of corporate and commercial matters. She has specialist knowledge in many areas of corporate and commercial law and has a particular interest in business sale and purchases, business restructures, shareholder arrangements, joint ventures and capital raising.
Danita also has a working understanding of commercial businesses, having undertaken a number of secondments in her career. This unique understanding of how clients like to work with legal advisors delivers further value to her clients.
Clients appreciate Danita’s commercial and pragmatic approach, always with excellent attention to detail and delivered in a time efficient and cost-effective manner, and a focus on achieving great outcomes.
- The following are examples of Danita's legal work whilst at Wynn Williams and other firms:
- Acted on the sale of three retirement villages in New Zealand for the value of $180 million.
- Advised on New Zealand aspects of the due diligence and preparation of a prospectus for an IPO of an Australasian payment technology company.
- Acted on a number of acquisitions of mining assets.
- Acted on a retail product offering for a commercial property syndicate for an investment manager.
- Acted on the sale of shares by a leading retirement village operator in one of its villages for the value of $21 million.
- Acted on the ASX listing of a New Zealand agronomy company.
- Acted on the sale of shares of an Australasian group of companies to a multi-national overseas investor.