Alice is a partner in the Firm’s Resource Management and Environmental Law team, specialising in resource management and local government law. She advises on all matters under the Resource Management Act 1991, Local Government Act 2002, the Public Works Act 1981, the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987, the Local Government (Rating) Act 2002, the Rating Valuations Act 1998, and the Land Transport Management Act 2003.
Alice joined Wynn Williams in 2021 having spent the previous five years as the General Counsel of a high growth local authority in the South Island. Her in-house experience gives her a unique perspective on the issues local government clients face and how to best respond in a political and pressured environment.
She regularly advises on contentious resource consent and district plan matters. She is experienced in strategic planning and policy work, including advising Queenstown Lakes District Council on its ongoing District Plan review. With her depth of knowledge in resource management and local government processes, Alice is also regularly involved in consenting infrastructure projects and working with project teams from the inception of an idea through to project delivery.
Alice also frequently appears on resource consent appeals and judicial review proceedings in the Environment Court and High Court.
- Trilane Industries Ltd v Queenstown Lakes District Council  NZHC 1647
- Flax Trust v Queenstown Lakes District Council  NZEnvC 5
- Speargrass Holdings Limited v Van Brandenburg  NZCA 564
- Beadle v Queenstown Lakes District Council  NZEnvC 92
- Speargrass holdings Limited v Queenstown Lakes District Council  NZHC 2760
- Willowridge Developments Limited v Queenstown Lakes District Council  NZEnvC 83
- Mc Millan v Queenstown Lakes District Council  NZHC 3148
- Gabler v Queenstown Lakes District Council  NZHC 2086
- Save Wanaka Lakefront Reserve Inc v Queenstown Lakes District Council  NZEnvC 88
- Flax Trust v Queenstown Lakes District Council  NZEnvC 202
- Friends of Michaels Ave Reserve Inc v Auckland Council  NZEnvC 5