Ellie was admitted to the bar in 2007. She started at Wynn Williams in 2018, and is a member of the firm’s Dispute Resolution Team practising general civil litigation with a focus on insurance law. In particular, Ellie’s insurance practice concentrates on defending professional indemnity and regulatory prosecutions (statutory liability).
Ellie is valued for her personable yet steadfast manner, her considerable advocacy experience across a range of forums and her attention to the careful preparation and analysis of evidence.
In addition, Ellie has an interest in animal law providing advice to the SPCA and is the chairperson of a large playgroup.
- Defending senior lawyers, accountants and real estate agents in the High Court, District Court, and professional disciplinary hearings.
- Defending a large defamation claim regarding the management of a body corporate.
- Advising an insurer on cross-border recovery of damages sustained in New Zealand.
- Defending real estate agents in cases concerning alleged misleading representations and failure of the vendor’s agent to discharge fiduciary obligations to the purchaser’s (selling) agent in circumstances where a conjunctional agreement was in place.
- Defending a workplace safety prosecution for an injury to a member of the public outside a workplace.
- Defending a workplace safety prosecution in respect of a fall from height.
- Defending a resource management prosecution in respect of leachate discharges.