Michael is a solicitor in the Property & Commercial team. His speciality is residential and commercial property law.
Michael advises both private and commercial clients who are looking to acquire, develop, borrow against, or dispose of property in New Zealand. He is well versed in the legal matters relating to leases, property investment in relation to the bright-line rule, as well as the acquisition or disposal of commercial property. His particular knowledge of the wider Canterbury property market has been developed over a number of years, since he began practising in 2015.
- Carried out due diligence investigations on a number of Christchurch properties for large-scale housing developments.
- Assisted in advising a property syndicate in acquiring a shopping centre by undertaking a review of the property documents and existing leases.
- Acted for a regional authority in relation to preparing legal documents associated with various subdivisions.
- Advised clients in relation to smaller-scale subdivisions and developments.
- Private client work, including advising first home buyers and clients looking to acquire investment properties.