COVID-19: My Vaccine Pass
A friendly reminder that in the interest of keeping our clients, our people and our communities safe from COVID-19, you will be required to present your
My Vaccine Pass
when visiting our offices in Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown. Ngā mihi nui.
Online account payment
Wynn Williams are one of the New Zealand's pre-eminent law firms, with a significant depth and range of resources across many legal disciplines.
Search this website
Legal articles & publications
Client Toolkit - About AML
Health & safety at Wynn Williams
Doing Business in New Zealand
Investing in New Zealand
Wynn Williams Announced as a Finalist in 2017 NZ Law Awards
Wynn Williams and individuals at the firm are proud to have been selected as finalists in a number of categories for the 2017 New Zealand Law Awards. The Awards bring together industry leaders to celebrate excellence in the legal profession and recognise the outstanding achievements of New Zealand's top legal professionals. The firm is excited to announce its finalist categories:
Crowe Horwath Mid-size Law Firm of the Year
– this award recognises the firm for its expertise across a range of practice areas over the last financial year.
Legal Personnel Employer of Choice (51-100 Lawyers)
– the firm has demonstrated a wide range of initiatives to benefit employees, such as the establishment of a Staff Board with a budget for implementing staff-driven initiatives through to a Pro Bono Policy and the establishment of an internal diversity taskforce.
Crowe Horwath Managing Partner of the Year
– Jared Ormsby, National Managing Partner has been selected as a finalist, recognising his ongoing commitment and contributions to the firm, maintaining Wynn Williams’ success in the New Zealand market.
Artemis Executive Recruitment Young Private Practice Lawyer of the Year (35 or under)
– Wynn Williams congratulates Partners Jeremy Johnson and Lucy de Latour, both being selected as finalists. Jeremy Johnson recently became the youngest ever Fellow of AMINZ and leads large litigation matters, appearing regularly in courts as senior counsel. He is the Practice Group Leader for Wynn Williams' Dispute Resolution Team which has over 30 members. Lucy de Latour became a partner in the Resource Management and Environmental Law Team earlier this year. Lucy specialises in resource management as well as local government law, having a unique perspective in this area following secondment of over a year with a major local government client.
Mid-Market deal of the Year
– Wynn Williams advised HW Richardson on its acquisition of a 50% stake in Dynes Transport, and the sale of its Southern Logging and Farmers Transport businesses into the merged group. This constitutes a major merger of two leading New Zealand logistics businesses. It confirms the firm's leading position as a transaction adviser, and the achievement is a testament to the hard work and dedication of the Wynn Williams' Auckland based Corporate Advisory Team. The deal was led by Partner Ash Hill with Senior Associate Nick Kovacevich playing a significant role. Wynn Williams was named alongside another law firm.
Deal Team of the Year (< 100 Lawyers)
– the firm was judged on the quantity, quality, importance and innovativeness of its deal involvement in the last financial year.
Wynn Williams Chief Operating Officer Matthew Jones said "We are proud to have been recognised by the New Zealand Law Awards as finalists in these categories. It reflects our innovation as a firm, the value that we bring to our clients, and the quality, complexity and sophistication of our work. We would like to thank our clients for their ongoing support, and we would like to acknowledge the skill and dedication of our partners and staff".
Following the next stage of the judging process, this year's winners will be announced at the 13th annual New Zealand Law Awards on Thursday 23 November 2017 at The Langham, Auckland.
Share this page via social media
Print this page
Share this page by e-mail
Share this page on social media:
Enter security code:
Wynn Williams Client Toolkit
Online account payment
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with stylesheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so. The latest version of
will work best if you're after a new browser.