Wynn Williams is the only New Zealand law firm that belongs to the international legal network, SCG Legal
, State Capital Group.
Our membership links us with more than 145 leading law firms around the world, and enables us to provide clients with legal expertise ‘on the ground’ where they are doing business.
This service is valued by clients who are exporting, or expanding their business interests overseas.
SCG Legal has been recognised as the top legal law firm network by Chambers & Partners US Directory.
Overview/Benefits of SCG
SCG Legal is a seamless global network of over 11,000 attorneys in 146 of the profession’s preeminent independent law firms located in 82 countries around the world. By uniting their skills, expertise and influence, our member firms help leading and growing companies in every industry navigate a complex and ever-changing legal landscape. With local and regional experts across the globe, our independent member firms capitalize on the strength and effectiveness of our network to help their clients solve today’s toughest business challenges.
SCG Legal provides an effective and trusted resource for identifying local counsel worldwide. From standard business transactions to the most complex business plans, locally or around the world,SCG Legal connects companies to:
- Expert knowledge of local, state, national and international regulatory agencies
- Sophisticated transactional experience for public and private M&A transactions, public and private financing and corporate and securities law matters
- Time-tested complex litigation experience, including class actions, derivative actions and investors’ rights, environmental litigation and intellectual property litigation
- “On-the-ground” representation in multijurisdictional litigation, providing knowledge of current local conditions and practices
- Experienced ADR mediators, arbitrators and advocates, with specialized knowledge in a variety of industries
SCG Legal member firms work with new and emerging companies around the world to secure tax incentives, comply with zoning rules, obtain permits and overcome regulatory hurdles. Established and expanding companies choose SCG Legal member firms to help them structure transactions efficiently and cost-effectively; establish financing; set up new divisions; form strategic alliances; merge with and acquire companies; manage labor and employment issues; and protect intellectual property.