Wynn Williams' specialist construction team advises some of the country's largest construction and infrastructure companies, building owners, and local authorities. We are engaged by our clients at all stages of the construction lifecycle - from procurement, negotiation, contract administration to resolving disputes. Our genuine understanding of the construction sector, key project drivers, and risk allocation, sees us well placed to advise our clients in a strategic and solutions-focussed manner.
Our team is not only experienced in all standard form contracts (such as the NZS suite, NEC4, FIDIC, Masterbuild, Certified Builders, SCC, AS) and consultancy agreements (CCCS, ACENZ, NZIA) but we also draft and advise on bespoke contracts or amended standard forms.
Accomplished advocates, the team consistently deliver successful outcomes for clients facing disputes over payment, variations, extensions of time, retentions and bonds, and post-completion defects. We are highly experienced in construction adjudication under the CCA or in the WHT, litigation in the courts at all levels, arbitration and mediation. When needed, we draw on the expertise of our resource management, regulatory, insurance and health and safety lawyers to provide added strategic advice.
Wynn Williams is recommended as a leading firm for construction by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and Doyles Guide.
How we can help
Our team provides advice at every step of construction projects, including:
- Acting for main contractor in relation to a hospital redevelopment project – contract value $80M
- Acting for Territorial Authority in High Court litigation defending significant defective building claims with quantum running to $100M+
- Acting on numerous adjudications under the Construction Contracts Act 2002, both for claimants and respondents
- Acting for main contractor in relation to claims and disputes arising out of the construction of a multi-level carpark building
- Acting for electrical subcontractor in relation to claims and disputes arising out of the construction of a prison
- Acting for steel fabricator in relation to claims and disputes arising out of a major infrastructure project
- Advising on contract negotiations for construction of a data centre for international client
- Advising on contract negotiations for construction of major retail centre